1. Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC) conducts the TNPSC Group 1 exam to recruit suitable candidates for the Group 1 vacancies in the Tamil Nadu state administration.
2. TNPSC Group exam 1 is your gateway to the most prestigious Tamil Nadu government jobs. That TNPSC Group-1 exam is a tough nut to crack can be ascertained from the fact that though each year lakhs of aspirants appear in this exam only a handful of them become part of these services. Hence it is no surprise that the lakhs of aspirants are burning the midnight oil to crack it. Could you do the same?
3. How to crack TNPSC Group exam 1 in 90 days? This question has been debated endlessly and is still in the realm of debate. Though the experts are still to arrive at a definite conclusion as to the best method of success in the TNPSC Group exam, unanimity exists on the premise that hard work coupled with smart work and well-rounded preparation strategy stand you in good stead if you intend to pass TNPSC Group 1 exam.
4. Proper planning for the last few months can be a sure-fire way to success in TNPSC Group exam 1. Here is a 3-month revision plan for TNPSC Group exam 1.
TNPSC group 1 exam pattern is divided into three stages namely Preliminary, Main Examination and Interview.
1. Prelims – one objective paper – 300 marks
2. Mains – three descriptive papers – 750 marks total
3. Interview – 100 marks
1. As per the TNPSC group 1 exam pattern, candidates who pass the Preliminary examination are eligible for Mains and candidates who clear the Main reach the interview stage.
2. Subjects to be covered in the preliminary examination include History and Culture of India, History, Cultural and Socio-Political Movements in Tamil Nadu, General Science, Geography, Indian Polity, Indian Economy, Indian National Movement, Development Administration in Tamil Nadu, Aptitude and mental ability and current events.
3. For the preliminary examination the aspirants should prepare intensively. They should have an in-depth knowledge. There is no negative marking in the TNPSC Group-I Prelims exam which has only 1 paper with 200 questions.
4. The Mains written examination consists of 3 papers of conventional essay-type papers for 750 marks. Those candidates who will clear the main written exam will be called for an interview round. The Interview/Personality test is the final stage of TNPSC Group exam 1 before the final results are declared. Interview is counted as a part of the mains examination for the final selection.
1. Most of the aspirants are at their wits’ end while preparing for TNPSC group-I examination. While it is a truism to say that hard work is the key to success, there are certain factors that you must take into account in order to accomplish your goals. With commitment, hard work and perseverance you can crack TNPSC Group 1 Examination. Know the exam pattern and Syllabus
1. Before commencing the exam preparations it should be incumbent on you to have complete knowledge of the syllabus. After having a complete understanding of the subjects, it is now your turn to prioritize the difficult and important topics.
2. A thorough understanding of the exam pattern for both Prelims and Mains of the TNPSC group 1 is of utmost importance. It is in the essential fitness of things that you should not skip anything from the syllabus. It is advisable to allocate appropriate time to each subject or topic based on their importance.
3. Prioritize your topics. You should pay more attention to the portions which carries with more marks.
1. The aspirants for TNPSC Group 1 Examination should plan a schedule for exam preparation. The students should read through the notification of the TNPSC exam carefully to know the nitty gritty of the TNPSC Group 1 Exam.
2. It is pertinent to note that the schedule should be strictly followed by the candidates who must analyze the previous question papers of the TNPSC Group 1 Examination to understand and identify the important topics.
1. Plan your actions resourcefully. A study timetable which should be smart and realistic should be followed thoroughly. Doing so will leave the aspirants with ample time for revisions. Find out your strengths and weaknesses. Once you have identified strengths and weaknesses, prioritize your efforts to prepare thoroughly and you can bifurcate your preparation time accordingly.
1. Solving previous question papers will help you understand the exam pattern followed by the commission in the past years. It is advisable to practice as many previous years’ question papers as you can. It will stand you in good stead in understanding the exam pattern and difficulty level.
2. So that candidates will get an idea regarding the topics he/she is knowledgeable/ unconcerned about!
Revision plays a critical role in the entire scheme of TNPSC Group exam 1 especially for the Main Examination. It stands you good stead in pinpointing your own weaknesses and helps in turning them into strengths. You should note down all the important points. This will be helpful in carrying our last-minute revision. It would be a good idea to revise those areas where you are making mistakes more than often.
1. When it comes to preparation for TNPSC Group exam 1, effective time management is an absolute must. Solving the questions within the stipulated time period requires a lot of practice.
1. Adopting a mock test based learning approach helps you gauge your performance. Incorporate a mock test based learning approach to monitor and analyze your performance as well as preparation level. Taking a mock test helps you learn new techniques to solve the problems and understand your time management.
2. The whole exam pattern of the TNPSC Group exam 1 is comprehensive. One should start preparing in-depth as the examination process lasts for almost a year.